Environmental Policy Statement
RUGGED is committed to environmental responsibility in the safe disposal and recycling of it products that safeguards and protects the environment.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
For and on behalf of the Company Management - RUGGED LIMITED
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
Both RUGGED and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
RUGGED will undertake their responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How To Know If A Product Is Covered
Look out for this symbol:
If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations. Please click here for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How To Recycle
You can return waste electrical equipment to RUGGED LIMITED when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributor obligations*
When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange a convenient time for you to deliver the old item back to us.
Please quote your RUGGED product, invoice number and describe the item that is to be recycled
Please give details of the Pick-up address and convenient times for collection
Please carefully package any item for collection in advance to avoid transit damage
We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner.
*It has to be like for like (e.g. a laptop for a laptop, not a TV for a laptop).
The RoHS Directive
The Directive 2011/65/EU on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS II), replacing Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS I), targets Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) in order to avoid adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU was amended by the Directive 2015/863/EU
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances in their tolerated maximum concentration values (MCV)
|Restricted Subtances||MCV in % (w/w)|
|Hexavalent chromium (Cr (VI))||0.1|
|Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)||0.1|
|Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)||0.1|
|Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)||0.1|
|Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)||0.1|
|Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP)||0.1|
|Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)||0.1|
RUGGED is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. For any further information or questions with regard to product RoHS compliance, please contact us.